While living in the age of health and fitness, the paths we take to fuel our bodies and sculpt them to our desired look is becoming more and more critical.
ViSalus VI Shape Shake Reigns Supreme
A Perfect Balance Between Diet Goals & Your Wallet
Trying to get into shape? You need more than just a protein shake. You need a solid fitness plan as well.
We've got you covered.
There are countless dietary methods on the market claiming to be effective in weight loss and muscle gaining efforts. People are gravitating towards meal replacement shakes to help get the job done.
Slim Fast is a household name and widely recognized brand yet Shakeology is another one that is growing in popularity and becoming more reputable. There has been much talk surrounding the comparison of these two meal replacements, and people are often posed with a dilemma as to which direction to go.
Here is a careful analysis designed to help crack the code on the age-long topic – Slim Fast vs Shakeology.
Slim Fast has been going strong for decades and is probably one of the most widely recognized brands in the diet industry as well as the most talked about in the world of meal replacement shakes.
While Slim Fast may be an adopted favorite of many households for generations, there are a few downsides to go along with its many perks. Here are the pros and cons of this notorious brand.
- The first thing that many people can appreciate about Slim Fast is their wide variety of flavors. Whether you are a fan of chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or any other random flavor that may be on the market, the Slim Fast powder shake has got you covered. This brand also offers shakes in both liquid and powdered forms allowing you to customize them per your preference.
- Slim Fast is easily accessible no matter where you live. These products can be found at any grocery or health food store so you will never have to worry about running out at the last minute.
- Slim Fast is probably one of the cheapest brand named meal replacement shakes on the market. The powdered version will save you a few more coins than the pre-prepared shakes, but both are cost effective making for an inexpensive weight loss plan. For about a month supply of either formula, you can expect to pay no more than about 70 dollars.
- It is low in calories. On average, you can expect one shake to make up for about 190 calories. Replacing two of your meals with these shakes will surely keep you at a caloric deficit.
- While its original recipe contains lactose, the Advanced Nutrition version of Slim Fast is both lactose and gluten free.
- Though Slim Fast is enriched with essential vitamins and minerals, to be honest, the company uses a heavy chemical process to do so. Most of the ingredients are unnatural and could result in adverse side effects if taken for a prolonged period.
- It contains unhealthy sweeteners such as high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, acesulfame potassium, and sucralose in addition to 18 grams of table sugar. That is way too much sugar for any product aiming to reduce weight. Note that high fructose corn syrup is an unnatural sugar alternative the is linked to severe health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. And if taken in excess, it can actually result in weight gain.
- These shakes contain sugar alcohols. Sugar alcohols are more than just an alternative method for sweetener, but it is one that can do a bad number on the intestines. For one, these alcohols aren’t readily absorbent or digested, but they can also lead to stomach aches, inflammation, and diarrhea.
- Slim Fast is not suitable for everyone. Due to the many chemicals used to design its recipe, anyone looking to adopt this shake should consult with a physician or dietarian. Also, because of the heavy amounts of sugar, Slim Fast is often not recommended to those with diabetes. Consuming the amount of sweetener included in one shake may cause a spike insulin levels causing a medical emergency.
- While there are fruit flavors (such as strawberry) available, Slim Fast does not claim to have achieved this taste by natural means. This implies that even the “natural sounding” flavors are just artificial flavors that have been designed to mimic the feeling of a natural smoothie.
To conclude, Slim Fast is a convenient option that may indeed help you achieve the 1-2 pounds in weight loss as advertised, but the combined ingredients won’t work in favor of your health, especially long-term.
In fact, these shakes are just another processed food option loaded with chemicals that may help you shed a bit of weight along the way at the expense of your health.
Though not as popular as its counterpart, Shakeology is still a well-respected meal replacement shake. Its loyal customers claim that it is a “super food” and by regularly consuming these shakes, their health and fitness has taken a turn for the best. Here are a few advantages of Shakeolgy along with the cons.
- All of the ingredients are natural and have derived from at least 70 various sources of whole foods.
- They contain no more than 160 calories per 36-gram serving.
- Shakeology is enhanced with a concoction of herbs, vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, as well as a hefty amount of protein gathered from the Earth. Not quite a mass gainer but plenty for the average consumer.
- There are a variety of flavors with recipes containing certain “superfoods.” Such types will include powerful nutrient sources such as goji berry, chlorella, kale, and acai berry.
- As with all the other ingredients, its sugar sources are mostly natural with only a small amount of additional sweeteners included. Shakeology primarily relies on stevia and yacon root as a means for sweetener. Yacon not only promotes the production of probiotics, but it also passes through the body without being stored as fat.
- Shakelology contains no fillers, preservatives, artificial flavors, or dyes.
- Though it is up to the consumer as to whether they would prefer adding milk or water as a fluid for their shake, the recipe itself is vegan-friendly.
- Shakeology is relatively expensive in comparison to many other meal replacement brands. A month supply will run you about 135 dollars. So if you plan on sticking to this regimen for a prolonged period, be prepared to rack up a decent amount of cash.
- While Shakelogy advises its consumers that their products contain certain superfoods and other healthy ingredients, they aren’t as clear about the amounts. This leaves the consumer unsure about the level nutrients they are actually consuming while taking these shakes. This can make the advertisements and labels appear a bit misleading while leaving the public under-informed.
To conclude, Shakeology is the way to go if you are looking to lose weight without posing any threats to your health. You can rest assured that all components included in the recipe (with the exception of a small amount of artificial sweetener) are all natural and contain numerous health benefits.
You will also reach your daily nutrition goals while consuming Shakeology. While its chosen ingredients seem to be beneficial for the long-term, note that there aren’t any credible sources backing up the legitimacy of its many health claims, so it is advised that users will practice their own discretion.
Convienence vs Price – Nutrition Shakes come in many sizes
Now that the pros and cons of both brands have been identified individually, here are a few additional comparisons. As mentioned previously, both brands are considered to be low in calories. However, you would save at least 40 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 8 grams in carbohydrates by reaching for a Shakeology shake versus Slim Fast.
Shakeology is also 8 grams richer in protein. Additionally, while Slim Fast does whatever it takes to deliver as many fancy flavors to the public as possible, Shakeology is a bit more cautious. In fact, the company has yet to place a vanilla flavor on the market as they claim that doing so would force them to add both artificial flavors and colors to achieve the desired taste and appearance. As a whole, Shakeology seems to be more concerned with the quality of their products versus Slim Fast.
So, Which Is Better?
Depending on how well your body reacts to either meal replacement, you can quickly drop unwanted pounds in a relatively short amount of the time, but the cost of weight loss may vary.
Based upon a thorough analysis of both Slim Fast and Shakeology, it is safe to conclude that Shakeology is undoubtedly the safest and more health conscious brand as it relates to getting the body of your desires. If you are prepared to dish out loads of cash in the process, that is.
Now, here is the plot twist. While Shakeology is a sure way to nourish your body and rid unwanted weight, it is a bit expensive to keep up with over a long period of time. A cheaper alternative is ViSalus VI-Shape shake. If you’re really trying to save, I’d suggest just buying ensure plus from your local store.
Not only will you receive the same benefits as you would using Shakeology, but you will save a heaping sum of cash in the process. The ViSalus VI Shape shake tastes like dessert while still remaining low in both sugar and fat. Enriched with 23 different vitamins and minerals, it is loaded with an adequate amount of digestive enzymes, fibers, and protein to nourish and tone the body.
Choosing ViSalus VI Shape is a sure way to treat your body with a nutrient-dense meal replacement and shed undesired weight in the process without putting a dent in your pocketbook.