There are a lot of things you can do in three weeks: redecorate a room; establish a new relationship; break in a new pair of shoes.
Something that is nearly impossible to do in 3 weeks? Shed a significant amount of weight…. Or can you?
According to Brian Flatt, the brain-child behind The 3 Week Diet thinks that you can. In fact, he claims that you can lose up to 21 pounds of body fat in just 21 days by following his weight loss system. Flatt is so confident in his system that he offers a complete money back gurantee. That’s right; if you don’t lose the weight that he promises or if you aren’t satisfied with the program for any reason, he’ll fully refund your money.
Are the claims true? Will you really lose a noticeable amount of weight in just 21 days by following The 3 Week Diet Plan? In this 3 Week Diet Review, we’ll take a closer look at this seemingly remarkable weight loss plan to help you determine if investing in it is really worth your while.
Overview and Features: What is the 3 Week Diet System?
The 3 Week Diet was created by Brian Flatt, a personal trainer and coach that specializes in nutrition and health. Mr Flatt claims that by following his diet plan, you can lose as much as 23 pounds of body fat in just 21 days.
The 3 Week Diet is a combination of intermittent fasting, a serious reduction in carbs, intermittent fasting, supplements, and of course, exercise. Flatt claims that his diet plan lets you know precisely what and how much you should be eating, and when you should be eating in order to achieve the weight loss goals that the plan promises. Flatt also illustrates different exercise routines that can help you melt off fat fast.
The 3 Week Diet System comes with the following materials:
- An introductory manual. This manual isn’t just an introduction to the 3 week diet; rather, it sheds light on the science that allows you to gain and lose weight in the first place. It also tells you what you need to do in order to effectively tackle body fat and actually get rid of it. The introductory manual also shares the key nutrients what your body needs in order to have success with the diet, why those nutrients are beneficial for weight loss, and how they work.
- A diet guide. In this guide, you’ll learn exactly how to go about losing weight in just 21 days. You’ll find out how to determine your lean body mass and your percentage of body fat. You’ll also find a weight loss plan that is customized to your specific body type, which will tell you specifically what and how much you should be eating every day. Additionally, you’ll learn when you should be eating the suggested foods.
- A workout instructional booklet. This workout book offers exercises that are specifically meant to target stubborn body fat. These exercises work in conjunction with the diet manual so that you can see real results. These exercises take just 20 minutes to complete, and they only have to be done 3 or 4 times each week.
- A motivational manual. This manual is meant to help change your mindset because the key to successful weight loss, according to Brian Flatt, is changing the way you think. Once you change the way you think, you can stick to the goals that you have set for yourself. The tips offered in this manual will not only help you stay motivated throughout the three weeks of this diet, but it will also keep you motivated so that you can stick to your lifestyle changes once the diet itself is complete.
You get all of these weight loss materials for the low price of just $47. And since Flatt offers a money back guarantee, it seems like a pretty sound investment.
The Man Behind The 3 Week Diet: Brian Flatt
Brian Flatt has been working in the weight loss and fitness industry since 1999, where he started out as a personal trainer and weight loss guide in California. He’s certified as a sports nutritionist, as well as a personal trainer.
His passion for fitness led him to open up his own workout facility, R.E.V Fitness. It also led him to develop his own revolutionary diet plan, which obviously is known as The 3 Week Diet.
Flatt claims that he read more than 500 nutritional and medical studies a month, and he used the information that he gained from these studies to develop his own weight loss plan.
How Does It Work?
So, how exactly do you lose weight on this diet in 3 weeks? It involves four different stages of phases. Each phase lasts a different period of time.
- Phase 1: The first phase lasts for 7 days, and many people say that it’s the hardest phase of the four. That makes sense because it’s the introduction to the diet plan and involves some pretty significant changes to your diet and lifestyle.
- Phase 2: This is the shortest phase, as it only lasts for 1 day; however, despite its short duration, many people claim that it’s one of the most effective.
- Phase 3: This phase of the 3 week diet lasts for three days, depending on your unique body type. It involves one-of-a-kind approaches to diet and exercise that are sure to be different than any other diet plan you have tried in the past.
- Phase 4: The fourth and final stage of this diet system spans a 10 day period. During this stage, you are supposed to learn tips and tricks that will help you keep the weight off moving forward.
There are two key elements involved with this diet that stand out and make it such an effective way to lose a noticeable amount of weight. Those two diet factors are: restricting carbohydrates and intermittent fasting.
What is Restriction of Carbohydrates?
Carbs are fuel for your body, as your body turns them into energy. But while they fuel your body, they also get stored as fat, which means if you eat a lot of them, you’re going to pack on the pounds.
Carbohydrates are found in so many foods: bread, pasta, potatoes, pasta, muffins, chips, and so many other things. Cutting out these foods can significantly aid in weight loss. That’s because when you stop eating them, your body can’t turn them into fat. Instead, you’ll burn off the fat that is already stored in your body, which means fast weight loss. It’s because of this that The 3 Week Diet is so keenly focused on significantly reducing your carbohydrate intake.
What is Intermittent Fasting?
As the name suggests, intermittent fasting refers to a cessation in eating for small periods of time. For instance, you might fast for a day or two during one week on this plan. The amount of time you should fast depends on your specific body type. Which this particular diet plan will help you figure out, and will also tell you how long you should fast intermittently. Sometimes, fasting may occur during a specific time frame on a given day, or you might stop eating for a full day.
The idea behind this intermittent fasting is to encourage your body to use and burn off its fat reserves, which will lead to weight loss. Not eating over a span of time can also help you gain better control of your diet. For instance, if you aren’t eating a big breakfast packed with high-calorie and high-carbohydrate foods (which many people tend to eat in the morning. Think waffles, pancakes, bagels, muffins…), you can supposedly retrain your brain to think differently about food.
At first, fasting might seem difficult, but as your body and brain gets used to it, it actually becomes a lot easier. Plus, you’ll find that you will notice a significant reduction in how frequently and strongly you feel the need to eat.
By following the intermittent fasting, restricting your carb intake, eating the foods that are recommended, and engaging in the suggested exercises presented in Brian Flatt’s diet plan, you can stand to lose a significant amount of weight in just 21 days.
Will You Really Lose Weight?
No matter what diet plan you are trying, there’s no guarantee that you will lose weight. However, as long as you adhere to the rules of this diet plan and are strict about them, then yes, you can lose weight in just three weeks. How much weight can you lose? That depends on your body type and your health.
An important note about health: this diet system isn’t meant for everyone. If you are suffering from a medical condition, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, you should consult with a doctor before starting The 3 Week Diet. Your dietary needs may not make the system a safe way for you to lose weight.
Something else worth noting: While you may see results, they may only be temporary. While the plan does aim to teach you strategies to maintain your weight loss, it kind of does a subpar job. Plus, if you start eating unhealthily again or not exercising, you are going to put the weight back on. For example, if you start eating lots of carbs and spend more time sitting in front of the TV than you do being active, then it’s pretty much guaranteed that you are going to put any weight you lost back on.
This diet plan is a good way to jumpstart weight loss and a healthy lifestyle, but it isn’t intended to be a long-term plan. With that said, by following this diet in 3 weeks and then making serious changes to your lifestyle that include a diet full of healthy, low-calorie foods and an exercise regiment, you can see lasting weight loss results.
The one problem with this diet plan is that Brian Flatt claims to have use science to develop his system; however, he doesn’t really explain what science he uses. He kind of just states that he read a lot of scientific research, but doesn’t back this statement up with any quantifiable information. Has he really done a lot of research and reading? Probably. But what research has he investigated and what has he read? Nobody really knows.
Feeling a bit skeptical about Mr Flatt’s ideas? While nobody knows if his claims for extensively studying the science behind weight loss are true, upon investigating his diet, the methods that he suggests using are actually true. For instance, eating low-calorie, low-carb, and high fat (healthy fats) foods is known to be an effective way to lose weight. A quick search on the Internet will prove these weight loss strategies are true.
What Will You Gain From This Diet System?
Of course, the main goal of this diet plan is noticeable weight loss in just 21 days. There’s definitely a chance that you could lose the whopping 23 pounds that Brian Flatt claims is possible. You may lose less than that though; maybe 9 pounds, maybe 5 pounds. The key here is that you should lose some amount of weight. But again, you do have to stick to the program if you really want to see results.
In addition to losing weight (hopefully), you will also gain these added benefits:
- You’ll get in the right mindset for weight loss. The motivational guide really is just that: motivational. One of the reasons many diets fail is because people are not in the right state of mind. I think that’s one of the best things about this diet system. It really helps you change your way of thinking and gets you excited about the weight loss journey.
- You’ll feel great! Even if you don’t lose the amount of weight that the system advertises you can, exercising and eating right will definitely make you feel good. Nourishing your body with the right foods and being active always make you feel better. You’ll have more energy, you’ll feel more inspired. You’ll just notice a definite change in your overall personality and outlook on life.
The Pros and Cons Of The 3 Week Diet
In this portion of the 3 Week Diet review, let’s take a look at the good and bad of the program.
- The possibility of seeing fast weight loss results
- A thoughtfully designed diet and exercise program
- You’ll gain some pretty impressive health benefits that extend beyond weight loss
- It’s highly motivational, which is a huge plus
- The system is quite affordable, especially when compared to other weight loss plans
- All of the information is presented in a very easy to follow format; it’s very straightforward and to the point.
- Money back guarantee. This is a great feature because you won’t feel like you’ve waste your money if you don’t see results. If you’re not satisfied for any reason or if you don’t see any results, you will be fully refunded, which is awesome.
- This diet plan isn’t meant for everyone. It isn’t recommended for people who have health conditions, such as diabetes and high blood pressure. If you do have a health issue, make sure you consult with your doctor before investing in this program.
- There aren’t any videos to follow. There are diagrams, but videos would have made it a lot easier to understand, especially in regard to the exercises.
- Brian Flatt doesn’t offer any solid proof of the type of scientific information that he based his plan on. You kind of have to take him at his word on the facts. This is the trust you need regarding the nature of the reading and research that he’s done.